Taking time off to plan and take a vacation brings incredible benefits to people´s health. However, according to the American Psychological Association´s work and well being survey, those benefits are far from permanent.
But what does David Ballard, Director of the American Psychological Association Center for Organizational Excellence have to say about vacation.
“After workers return to work from a vacation, they usually feel less stressed, their mood is better, they have more energy, they’re more motivated, and they say they’re more productive and their work quality is actually better, But for nearly two-thirds, those effects dissipate within a few days of coming back from a vacation.”
In the same way even mentioning the word vacation to a pack of passionate entrepreneurs, and you’ll likely be met by perplexing stares or incredulity of reproach. Those lionhearted who take a break – be it dropping their pens at exactly 5:00 pm on a daily basis, taking a lunch break other than being in front of a computer, or dare I would say, plan and take a vacation off the grid – are stigmatized (red flagged) as not being cut out for the hardship of entrepreneurship.
Contrary to such a negative stigma, vacations are crucial to excelling in the endurance that takes to build a successful business. Here are the top Thirteen signs that you need to invest in a vacation:
1. Your job, which used to bring you so much joy, has now become mundane and you can’t seem to find any excitement in it anymore.
2. Your ideas or your ability to execute on an initiative are at a lull.
3. Every little problem is turning into a big issue.
4. You start making mistakes.
5. You wake up at 03:00 am without reason or have trouble sleeping.
6. You are feeling pretty cynical and everything arounds you annoys you.
7. You are losing touch with your personal life and feel stagnant.
9. You’re tired of in house entertainment (TV) and reach for that wine glass.
10. Anthills routinely become mountains.
11. Your entire life revolves around your work and you can’t think of nothing else.
12. Your energy levels is so depleted that you become a couch potato.
13. You daydream about anything but work.
Just like most things in life, moderation is the key. Take some time off (disconnect from your daily routine) so you can sleep better and be more productive, more relaxed, and healthier. Take the initiative to have the control of your business at your fingertips from anywhere with OpusTime. Find out first @ www.opustime.com for your 30 days free trial period. OpusTime where business owners belong.